We've added some new features to follow up on recent comments to the GroupCamp support team:
- moving a task from one project to another lets you move time spent recorded on that task as well,
- when you copy a task you can also copy the task's attached files,
- you can now customize the content of the Description field for time spent recorded on tasks.
Move time spent recorded on task
The checkbox Move time spent can be found when moving a task to another project.
In order to move a task and its time spent to another project, you must have the View - Create - Update - Delete privilege for the source project as well as for the target project, which can be configured in the Timelog application settings.
We are happy to introduce the new Journal feature to list who has done what in your GroupCamp account.
- New Journal icon in the Admin panel to list all actions in your account.
- New Journal tab in the Group settings window to list setting updates in a project, an intranet or an extranet group.
- New Journal tab in the Information panel of a group to show when members joined and left the group.
- New Journal tab in the Company window.
We have done a complete redesign of the Regional options icon located in the Admin panel of your GroupCamp.
The Regional options icon now has three tabs: General, Time units and Accounting.
In the Time units tab, you can now manage your budget in days of work and enter durations in hours. We use the value of the Duration of a workday field to display time spent in days in the budget summary of a project.
We are happy to inform you of some updates to the latest version of GroupCamp.
- Your Time unit choice (days or hours) is now unique to your account. This time unit applies to timesheets, budgets, exports, reports, etc.
- Updates to how timesheets are filled out.
- New display formats for number and duration which can be configured in your preferences. (@ Me > Preferences > Regional options).
- You can decide on the order of your project applications. The display of the project description field has moved from the Activity app. to the Overview app.
- New Copy to... feature for the Tasks app.
New enhancement for resizing GroupCamp Tables.
- Admin panel updates for GroupCamp invoices.
- We have renamed "Google Apps" to "G Suite".
Updates to how timesheets are filled out
Note: the time unit used for your timesheets may have changed.
When the time unit = days (d) the form appears as such:
New feature: you can now enter time in hours and it will be automatically converted into days (see the above screenshot).
The Reports application from the Dashboard is enhanced with new menus and a new table of data presentation.
- The Budget - Time spent menu allows you to track budgets and time spent in a table.
- The Project summary figures menu groups in a table the data located in the Overview application of your projects.
- The Planning of projects menu presents your projects in a Gantt view.
Time categories are used when adding time spent records with the Timesheet or the Timelog apps. You can now move time spent records from a category to another one. This feature allows you to delete an existing time category.
Go in the Admin Panel, then click on the Categories icon.
Hello and best wishes for the new year!
Here are the latest updates to GroupCamp.
- Plenty of stars with starred items, starred menus, and starred filters.
- New Inbox application features.
- New default settings when creating a project.
- View the members of a selected management team.
And several other improvements…
Starred items, starred menus, and starred filters
Under starred items, a star icon has been added in front of each item. In applications, you can order your starred items by clicking on the Starred items menu.