We are very pleased to present new features of the GroupCamp platform version 3.
New organization in modules and changes of the GroupCamp plans
- The Project and Reports modules are available in all plans.
- The Scheduling, Timesheet, Budget and Cost Management modules are available from the BEST plan.
- Prices of our plans do not change.
Contact GroupCamp support when you are in the START or PLUS plan and want to retrieve timesheet and budget data without changing your plan.
Possible problems due to migration to V3
The principle of migration to V3 is based on the security of access to the data of your account by its users and therefore not to grant a privilege that a user did not have. This principle means that users may have lost privileges.
The GroupCamp API is now available for GroupCamp Best+ plan customers. APIs allow you to automatize creation processes like project creation/update and to reporting processes such as task status or time spent records.
Click on the API icon in the Admin panel to contact the Support Team to get access to the API.
The Private objects by default feature prevents your colleagues from sharing data with your guests by accident when collaborating in the same project.
When this feature is enabled, the "Private" box is checked by default for your colleagues for the following objects:
- New uploaded file(s)
- New task list
- New topic from the Discussions app
This feature can be enabled in each project's settings.
Here are the new features and improvements you will find in your GroupCamp.
- No more Tracking group and new Timesheet icon in the Admin panel which centralizes all time spent related features and privileges to manage timesheets.
- View recent time spent records entered by a user.
- The Overview app of a project can now be private and also has a new design.
- New Period menu in the Dashboard > Costs for projects app.
New Admin panel Timesheet icon
This new icon centralizes all related time spent features and privileges.
We have done a complete redesign of the Regional options icon located in the Admin panel of your GroupCamp.
The Regional options icon now has three tabs: General, Time units and Accounting.
In the Time units tab, you can now manage your budget in days of work and enter durations in hours. We use the value of the Duration of a workday field to display time spent in days in the budget summary of a project.
We are happy to inform you of some updates to the latest version of GroupCamp.
- Your Time unit choice (days or hours) is now unique to your account. This time unit applies to timesheets, budgets, exports, reports, etc.
- Updates to how timesheets are filled out.
- New display formats for number and duration which can be configured in your preferences. (@ Me > Preferences > Regional options).
- You can decide on the order of your project applications. The display of the project description field has moved from the Activity app. to the Overview app.
- New Copy to... feature for the Tasks app.
New enhancement for resizing GroupCamp Tables.
- Admin panel updates for GroupCamp invoices.
- We have renamed "Google Apps" to "G Suite".
Updates to how timesheets are filled out
Note: the time unit used for your timesheets may have changed.
When the time unit = days (d) the form appears as such:
New feature: you can now enter time in hours and it will be automatically converted into days (see the above screenshot).
Hello and best wishes for the new year!
Here are the latest updates to GroupCamp.
- Plenty of stars with starred items, starred menus, and starred filters.
- New Inbox application features.
- New default settings when creating a project.
- View the members of a selected management team.
And several other improvements…
Starred items, starred menus, and starred filters
Under starred items, a star icon has been added in front of each item. In applications, you can order your starred items by clicking on the Starred items menu.
Here are some updates to share with you:
- Feature split in two parts: <Change project settings - Archive the project - Delete the project> to
<Change project settings> and <Archive / Enable - Delete / Restore>.
- The A team privilege has beed added to the new <Archive / Enable - Delete / Restore> feature.